Sunday, July 1, 2012

Ma scussa eh..

Ciao tutti! The best way to describe how our week is as follows REALLY HOT- No, sto scherzando. It wasnt that hot but it was very toasty. We spent a lot of time outside this week which was nice because we are usually below ground navigating throug the metro. The transfer is halfway over! Oh my goodness!! Its going by so fast which is not good because I could leave milano in 3 weeks which will be sad. Ok enough of that talk. This past week we got a referal from our main office and called the person. It turns out that a man named robert had just moved here from switzerland and had been recently baptized there. We set up an appointment and met up with him. We were not sure what to expect but we were hopeful. When we met with him we were shocked. He came with scriptures, makers, a notebook, and other church materials. We soon found out that he was from ghana and that he had grown up in christianity. His brother is a pastore in a church in ghana. Robert knew the bible like the back of his hand. He also could quote the book of mormon like it was nothing. He is so strong in the gospel. We are so excited because he can really help us out with the africans in our ward. Africans are hard for us to understand because we are of a different culture. So we are pretty excited about that. Funny story. So our apartment is on the botton floor of our apartment so we cannot leave our windows open at night. So it gets a little toasty in our apartment. We only have one fan because our other fan died. But luckily I am very smart. I started to put all my clothes in the freezer so they get cold so when I go to bed I can put them on. THen I make ice cubes and put them in a bag and put it on my head. Its so funny and ghetto but it works. I would also like to everyone know that thanks to living in milano I now love weiner dogs. Tons of people have them here and they grew on me. It became official when I saw a weiner dog mixed with a scotty dog. MY companion thinks its funny because he dislikes them so much but thats ok. We are doing very well here. The work is giong well but we stll have a lot to improve. I cant believe in 2 days I will have been in italy for four months now. Its flying bby sooo fast! I am glad I choose to do this. I am changing so much and am so happy! HOpe everyone is doing well! Until Next time Anziano Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment