Sunday, March 31, 2013

Finger cutting, beautiful city, lots of meetings....

Hello everyone! Well transfers for the lack of better terms....sucked. I will explain. I had to travel by myself to firenze. Well with the luck we had at reggio, while fixing my razor that fell off the stick I slashed my index finger on my right hand. It was pretty bad. The second it happened blood just started gushing. I never felt pain because my body went into shock. Soooo 2 hours before leaving I do this and I had to carry 2 very heavy bags myself. Well after almost passing out(I had the symptoms that I was about to pass out so I laid down and took deep breaths), and after cleaning up my finger with 3 gauze pads because the blood kept coming, I was able to travel. Of course the ticket I had to get was one where I would have to change trains.....well on the first ride I had stand out with my luggage in the train because where the seats where I couldn't fit my luggage and I wasn't going to leave them so I stood up the hold time. Then I had to constantly move my bags because of people having to get through and what not. And I kept accidentally using my right hand and hurting my finger. Then it was time to get off and change trains. So I get off barely and I see the amount of steps I have to go down then up to go get a new ticket and then do the same amount of steps to be at the train platform. Of course there where gypsies that were there so I couldn't take a bag down the stairs and leave the other one up there and then get it after taking down the other. So I had to go down the stairs with both really heavy bags. I was sweating and struggling the whole way, before half way I was almost done. I was so tired from the traveling, the stress, and the nausea from slicing my finger open and what not. Then some girls seeing my struggle without asking grabbed one if my bags and helped me. It was really nice. It made me think about the atonement of Christ, when we are at the edge, tired, exhausted, having tried our best, right when we cant do it anymore he is right there to help, to comfort, and to carry. So I made it firenze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is an awesome city! I love it. The accent is crazy!! when you say a c sound that doesn't have an e or i behind the c sounds like an h. It was so hard to understand at first. AT first I didn't think it was Italian!! We have tons of work to do to help out the 2 branches here so We had tons of meetings with the sisters to organize everything. After tons of meetings the work is coordinated and moving really well. I hope everyone is well! I am sorry if I do not respond to anyone's emails...I have received A lot so it is slightly overwhelming to respond to all of them plus I'm slower at typing because of my finger... It is doing a lot better and is healing well I still cant put too much pressure on it yet. love you all!!!! enjoy the pictures. the first is anziano devincent and I together as the wounded comps and the other two are of my finger!

No comments:

Post a Comment