Monday, April 23, 2012

Shenanigins and transfers!

Hello Everyone! All is doing well here in Milano. This past week was truly eventful with more sickness! My companion Anziano Russo just cant get over this sickness! But that is ok. We did get some missionary work done so that is good. Something that we are very excited about is a new convert named Jose. He was born in peru and then moved to the states and lived there for most of his life. After having problems he decided to leave and live with his dad in Peru. He did not have a great experience there. He joined the church there and then moved to Italy and is now waiting to get documents to go back to the States. He does not really trust peruvians because of the problems he had in peru. Our ward is mostly peruvian so that has been interesting. We have been trying to help him get friends and become more comfortable with the ward. The hard part is that he speaks english, little italian and no spanish. It has been hard but our efforts are finally paying off! He seems so much more happy and his hanging out with people from the ward and doesnt rely on us as much. So we are very excited for him. Eva and her boyfriend have finalized everything and they will be married may 12th and will have her baptism the following saturday may 19th. We ARE VERY excited about this. There is only one sad thing. The transfer is ending and I am getting a new companion!! Anziano Russo is going to Collegno, a little city outside of Torino, and he will be companions with Anziano Walsh. Anziano Walsh is from my group, so Im pretty excited for them. My new companion is Anziano Mesorosh(I dont know how to spell it). This will be his last transfer which means I will be killing him(term for a missionary who's companion is finishing his mission.) Which most likely means I wil be here in Milano 2 for another 12 weeks, which I am very excited about. I really like the ward here and its a wonderful city. I will get my new companion tomorrow. Im sad to see ANziano Russo go. It feels like I just keep a companion for more than one transfer haha. I will have had a new companion every transfer for my first 4 because my new companion will be done after this next transfer. This past week we went and ate with the Africans in our ward and it was really good! THe only bad part is that my companion and I almost barfed because they fed us WAY too much. I didnt want to offend them so I kept eating. *****IMPORTANT****************** This past week we had a conference and one thing they told us about is packages. The mission leaders discourage that people send us packages for the following reason. Italys custom charges are getting ridiculous. Its almost like they pick whatever price they want to charge. Anyways if I get sent a package I HAVE to pay the custom charge, and if I cant the package will be destroyed. So keep that in mind. Its very expensive and almost not worth it to send anything. Until next time! Sinceramente, Anziano Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment