Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Keep em' coming!

Buongiorno Tutti! Spero che abbiate avuto una buona pasqua! This past week we have had lots of ups and downs! To start with I hope all of you have had a wonderful easter! We got invited to Lussy's house, a new convert with her son daughter, grandma, aunt and uncle. IT was a wonderful time. We may have stayed way too long but we didnt know how to get out because the food kept coming! This may or may not surprise everyone but I put down about 3 1/2 plates of food. Their uncle was really awesome! He was from puglia(I think thats how you spell it) HE was missing some teeth and had a crazy accent and was really funny. IT was really cool because he actually was interested in hearing about the gospel so we were pretty excited about that.
Anziano Russo and I are so suprised because we are being so blessed with such wonderful people and a lot of the times we dont feel like we dont deserve them. Two weeks ago a man named Udilon, from congo, came to church and wanted to learn more. He was an old investigator of the church about 2 years ago. He is so awesome! He speaks english, italian and french, We had our second meeting with him yesterday and he is soo Amazing. HE really wants to do what is right and be a good person. We asked to pray at the end of the lesson and it was so surprising because he was thanking god for allowing him to meet with us and how thankful he was and it was really powerful.
This wouldnt be an Anziano Collins email if I did not mention more about food eh? SO the day after easter there was a picnic for our ward and we decided to go to get to know the members better and try to get investigators to come. SO....A little about our really fast...our ward is made of Italians, peruvians, and phillipinos. And if any knows about these three cultures, they love to eat a lot and if guests to eat a lot its offensive. So to gain more trust with the members I put down a total of 6 1/2 plates of food. I also ate rabbit. That was interesting. The things I am willing to do to gain trust and make friendships. Fyi I have not gained weight to my knowledge.
SO I will finish my email with a story of our investigator Eva. We see them about 3 times a week. They are going to be married and she will have her baptism the week after. Their story is a miracle. We found out the other day the way they were before the missionaries started meeting withm. I will be very brief, Daniel(boyfriend/ less active) and Eva werent having a great relationship and almost broke up until Daniel decided to go to church and went. The missionaries talked with him and now they are going to church every week and are reallly happy. Anziano Russo and I have done nothing, They(Daniel and Eva) have progressed through the help of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is so awesome to see how they have changed and how they contiunue to change. Being a missionary is hard, but it is so wonderful to be one. I am grateful for this opportunity I have!
I hope all of you had a wonderful easter! Until next time..
Sinceramente,
Anziano Collin

No comments:

Post a Comment