Sunday, April 8, 2012

Bidoni Sharks....​I love em!

Ciao Tutti! Come state? Tutto bene? Spero di si :D. So this past week was not crazy eventful. My companion got a little more sick and we were stuck inside for a day and a half. Im doing well despite the house arrest. He is much better now so we are ready for a very productive week. General Conference was really awesome this past weekend! I didnt learn a lot the first two sessions because we watched it in Italian, but we watched two in english and I LEARNED A ton. I really liked the talk by Elder Holland where he talked a little about how we shouldnt be jealous if good fortune happens to others. That definately applies to us missionaries when we see others having tons of success and we are having bidonis(people who set up appointments with us and flake) I think that applies tio my companion especially right now because we have not had tons of time to really work and we havent really had tons of succes. This past saturday, we got rejected by everyone. It was fun because people are very funny when they say no, but it was really frustrating to have that happen. Especially since, when I got here we would have atleast a few people stop and talk to us. We did have a miracle yesterday. We stopped a bunch of people and they all happened to be Jehovahs witnesses or Evangelists, and none of them tried to bach with us. It was crazy!
We have a good week set up so we are excited to work hard. We did have a guy come to church this past sunday and we are excited about him because we got an appointment set up and is very interested. We are pretty excited about that. We had a great lesson with this man named France. He is really humble and really earnestly trying to find more in his life. He is really awesome! He gave us some chocolate for Pasqua(easter)! He is such a great guy and he is realllllyyy honest. So we are pretty excited about him.
I would like to say that I have finally chosen my official soccer team here. I have chosen AC Milan as my team! They did however lose to Barcelonna yesterday. I dont really pay tons of time to that but it does help to use to break ice with people.
We only have 2 more weeks left of this transfer. I cant believe I have been in Italy for over a month! Its crazy how fast time past!
In the same talk that Elder Holland gave, I really liked when he talked about that we need not think about the bad things that have happened in our lives. If something bad happens, we should move on and try to continue doing good! I know that is very important, whenever we get rejected by people we just smile and shrugg it off and it really does make us better! I hope all of you have a great Easter! Enjoy Some good ole ham, deviled eggs a for me!
Sinceramente,
Anziano Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment