Tuesday, April 3, 2012

House arrest......not fun

Ciao tutti! I am doing well here in the wonderful city of Milano. Not a lot has changed since I last emailed. We have not worked too much this past week. My companion and I were doing half days last week because he was not feeling well and so last friday we went to the doctor and after waiting 2 and half hours to see the doctor we recieved a death sentence. He told my companion that we had to stay inside for 3 days........So we spent 3 long days inside reading....and eating what little food we had. It was a lot of fun. But we are very excited that we are going outside again! We recently had an investigator drop us which was very sad.
We did have a lesson with our investigator Eva who is raelly awesome. Like I have said before, she is getting married, and then we are having her baptism which is really exciting! So our miracle this week other than being that we could go outside was that my wallet was not lost. Let me explain. So I had my wallet when we got home and I was really tired and without thinking I took it of my pocket and put it on the table. MY companion, thinking it was his, put it in his backpack.....That was the scariest experience ever. We thought I had lost it at the bank. Then 20 minutes later my companion found it in his backpack but had no rocolection of putting it there.
MY Italian is really improving, I feel like my langauge confidence had alllowed me to really talk more with people which really helps
I have attached some pictures of more food I have eaten. The bread in the picture is called Focacia and its just really good bread with oil and salt. Its so addicting! Then there is some bread smothered in Nocciola or in other words Nuttella! The family in the picture are some new converts that we did some stuff with last pday. they are really awesome and they help us with a lot. Micheal, the 14 ragazzo in the picture even went street contcting with us! I hope to have more to say next week!
Ciao!
Sinceramente,
Anziano Collins

P.S. I made my companion philly cheese steak...and he was pretty excited about that!

1 comment:

  1. È successo anche a me. Tre giorni in casa in una piccola città in cui non c'erano altri missionari. Credo di aver letto l'intero Antico Testament in Italiano e non era facile perchè era il mio quinto mese in Italia. Bibbia in una mano, dizionario nell'altro!

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete