Saturday, November 3, 2012

Sandy hit cuneo....?

Hello everyone! This week was yet another fun week here at Cuneo. So the weather has taken a dip south here. It was about 35 degrees yesterday. It was so cold. It has rained a ton here and there is snow on the mountains. Winter is here. Its raining right now and its FREEZING! We got hit by a big storm while out and we got SOAKING wet. While riding home it was the coldest my fingers have felt in a very long time. My companion ended getting sick from it and so we were inside for about 3 days. We even missed church. It was really weird. I despise being inside because there is not much that you can do. I ended building a fort out of my bed and watched church films. I also read a ton! Other than that we worked hard this week. We didn't find anyone this week but we are working with a ton of less active people of the church that are in the area. There are two people that we are working with in particular that are making tons of progress. At one point the girlfriend was about to be baptize but a ton of stuff happened and she ended up not being baptized. She has recently decided to go back on the track that she was doing towards baptism and hopes this will end well. They are making tons of progress and they seem so much happier now. The book of Mormon is so awesome because it brings that peace into peoples lives that we all look for. Its really cool to see them realize how happy they are despite their trails. Its been really weird lately because my companion is getting close to the end of his mission and he is freaking out. It's amazing to see how fast time flies by. I cant believe in a couple of weeks I will hit my year mark... that's weird!!! I hope you all are well! ENJOY HALLOWEEN!!!! (It doesn't really exist here....its really sad) p.s. SO last week we had the chestnut fair, and in the coming weeks its the festival of the snail. There are is a small town near by that is known for eating them and so they put giant plastic hollow snails all over town to celebrate it. My companion and I took pictures with us riding them and having lots fun with them, so I will send those in the future sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment