Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sickness + Coke + work = satisfaction...?

Salve! If you could not tell by the title I got sick this past week. It was awful. But that's ok because I am doing so much better now. I was only in for a day and a half. I had some type of stomach sickness because I had bad stomache pains and had a fever of 104.4! It was a little warm here in milano 2 last week. But I am doing better so that is ok. My companion is an awesome companion. He does an insane amount of working out....maybe I'll learn something eh..? Anyways, we had a great week this past week. We were able to set three baptismal dates with people. Which means that we met with three people who have accepted the invitation to baptism and are prepare for their baptism. So we have a lot of work to do in the coming weeks. Its pretty crazy because these three people are so diverse. We have Rudy and philipinian man, Peter a christian egyptian, and Obas an refugee from the Lybian war. All of our lessons are in English. Its so cool to have all this diversity but its even cooler that these people are making huge changes in their lives so that they can be more happy! Rudy is so awesome! He is always so excited to meet with us and is ready to do so much to change his life. I talked a little about him in my last email. He is still doing so well and is accepting the message of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ very well. Peter's story is so cool because he out of the blue called us and said that he was ready to be a member of our church and change his life. We met him the same day and he is so cool. Today, he read out of the book of mormon out loud in arabic, it was reallly cool. We are excited for him and the progress he is making. Today I saw one of the most impatient person I have ever seen in my life. It was sooo funny. We were at a ATM and this lady was in line to use it. She started to tell the people in front of her to hurry up so she could go and made some people mad. She then immediately went to the machine when it was free, and before the machine was ready for another transaction she shoved her card into the atm. It then rejected her card then she started to get upset. Fortunately there was another atm right next to it but someone was using it so she then told them to hurry up. She then did the same thing she did with the first machine and it didnt work. At this point she was very upset. With the help of a very patient man she was informed on how to use the atm. What was even funnier was after she tried using the first atm my companion went to it and got it to work. Got to love Italians :) My Italian has started to grown and has gotten so much better. Its so cool! Im getting to the point where Italian words come more easier than english words and at times I can only describe something in Italian. I hope everyone is doing very well! GO THUNDER! Anziano Collins Enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment