Sunday, February 5, 2012

FIRST WEEK...in the field

I just recently finished my first week in the mission field!! We get the car this week and man am I excited for that!!!!!!! It seems that everyone we visit is on opposite ends of our area. Just yesterday and the day before that we spent 2 hours walking down to an area then going to the people we wanted to see and then there was no one home and then right after that we had to walk back because we were out of time. SO it was frustrating to spend 4 hours of our day walking and not doing much. We did run into a guy named mark. He was really cool, he seemed very religious and hopefully he will give us a call! We got a referral from a member and visited with her and taught the first lesson and now we have a return appointment for this Wednesday with her so that's awesome! So karma has hit me...so my companion has a thing called an ocarina...which is like a recorder/flute.....and there was a reason that was I not in band....and I have come close to anger because of that thing...but I keep it to myself. Our area is slightly poor....well not slightly...they are poor. THe people we meet are crazy!!!...well most of them...its fun to talk to people. Luckily we have had so many people to see that we have not had to track...which is awesome! So far not many people have been mean to us....we did get flipped off the other day but that wasn't really anything...we get honked at ALOT.....Its kind of weird....most of the time its non members...so I always kind of question why they do that. So we have been working with this guy Marvin, he is a member but is less active. We had been visiting him and he said he would come to church this past Sunday, we even had an appointment with him on Saturday but he cancelled on us and we didn't see him at church so that was disappointing. I did get a call this week from one of the workers in the mission for my passport stuff...but other than that no news on my visa...so that's slightly frustrating. From what I know I will have about the same amount of times notice as I did when I was in the MTC to leave to here. So that will be fun. The members here really like missionary work...and feed us TOO MUCH. I take as much as I can but sometimes its too much. Within 4 days we got 3 things of brownies, a cake, a fully cooked ham that needs to be baked and has glaze, 2 sauteed tenderloins and salsa.....soo much food! Its great though! I still haven't gotten the packages that I was supposed to get when I was in the MTC but I think I will get those when we have interviews with the mission president this Thursday. Other than all of that everything is going well...on p-days we go to this grocery store called "Sack N Save" its own by a member and has a diner like place in the back where you can order food and missionaries eat free! Its pretty sweet...so we will be going to that right after this. I hope everyone is doing well!!! Hope to talk to you soon! When I get the call saying my visa is good ill email or something to let you know that I'm leaving and going to Italy!
Sinceramente,
Anziano Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment