Sunday, February 12, 2012

Car Week!!

CIAO TUTTI! This past week we had the car so I am not tired physically right now so that is exciting. As of right now we are teaching 2 people right now. They are fuin to teach and its nice to be doing something. A lot of the times(especially when we dont have a car) we walk for 2 hours talk to 2-3 people and then walk for another 2 hours home and that's it. SO the car is lovely ot have because we can get more done. SO last night we stayed in because of the super bowl there was litearlly no one out so we decided that it would be best to not go out and proselyte. this town really loves hte super bowl apparently ahah. I found a challenge of studying the language....I only get an hour a day to completely focus on the language so that is tough...I have been doing everything in Italian, writing notes, reading, and what else I can in Italian. I got a calendar the other..it was like $3 and its an Italian calendar. It has pictures of cities and areas in Italian so its fun ot look at. My old companion is in a town called Ravenna and another Anziano that I knew is in Genova and Im really jealous about that! It is a beautiful coastal city! My companion is good, he is the district leader and at times he reminds me alot of Jim Carry because of his crazy humor and sometimes weird screaming. So thats always an adventure. Today is our zone p-day and we will be playing basketballl!!! SO Im VERY excited aobut that. So today I bought 11 stamps in nickels and dimes...that was pretty fun. This town is nice, very old and lots of poverty but the people are really nice. There are a lot of people here who have never seen the ocean and lived their whole lives here in St Joseph so that was pretty crazy to hear about. Other than alll of that, everything is really good here. I have not heard anything from salt lake about my visa. But when I do I will have a 15 hours notice or so before I head out. THe ward I am in is very nice and they love to help out with missionary work. BOth of our investigators right now were referenced through members so thats really exciting. As of now I have yet to go tracting in the sense of knocking on doors and im pretty ecstatic about that! So I know this emails has tons of spelling errors but I dont have time to fix them but boy let me tell you. There are tons of grammar issues that I hear every day haah...after studying a language, you pay more attention to grammar, and man has it been hard. For example, the grammar issues are very basic such as there was some things going on down there. The "was" gets me but I dont say anything. SO I may not be Italia but it feels like it at times....members love to cook us spaghetti and lasagna or a mixture of both. In the past week I have have 5 meals consisting of of spaghetti or lasgna...is it a bad thing? No. We get fed tons!!!!! Well,
I hope everyone is doing great! Keep me updated on how you are doing!!
Sinceramente,
Anziano Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment