Sunday, January 29, 2012

Buon giorno da Missouri!

Scott's on a little detour right now in Missouri until he gets his Visa.

Allora....Im here in missiouri! Im a little town called St. Joseph. ITs a nice area. there are two sets of elders in the this area but of course there are two different wards. The area we are in is really nice. I finally got to teach two lessons yesterday so that was really weird. I never thought I would see english again but here I am. My trainer is Elder Carpstein. He is a good elder. He is the district leader of this area. I think we will do good together. As for the Visa, no one knows how long I will be here for. It could be until the end of next week till 4 months from now. I just have no clue. So thats real fun. In the mean time Im in the states. MY new address is 619 1/2 bon ton street St. Joseph Missouri. I dont know the zip code so those with internet can look it up. Its crazy to think im out in the field now. Its crazy how everything happened. I found out thursday around 3:30pm that I had no visa and that I would be leaving the next morning at 5 am to go to the missouri independance mission until I get my visa. That was kind of shocking. I think the hardest part here is maintaing my italian. I have to at every free moment I have to speak, study, or anything really dealing with Italain. Yesterday when we were teaching this guy marvin, who is spanish, we had three different copies of the book of mormon out in three different langauges. My companion was reading in inglese, marvin in spagnolo, and me in italiano. It was pretty cool. I think im doing pretty well for only being out for such a short time. How is everyone doing? Sorry for not calling when I landed things got so hectic when I got there, that I was just focused on making sure everything was alright. An elder couple from the mission picked me up and we went to the mission home. I got to meet the mission president and then we all went out to dinner at Olive Garden so that was cool. Being a visa waiter apparently Im special and have a direct line to the mission president when ever I need something. So thats pretty cool to know, I dont think however that I will need any thing special..but who knows maybe next week Ill be in a different mission! I hope everyone is doing well! I hope to hear from you soon!
Amore,
Anziano Collins

p.s. it is funny watching people try to read what my name tag says and then slowly realize that its not english.

No comments:

Post a Comment