Saturday, February 25, 2012

Crazzzyyy!!!

Hello everyone, I just read your emials, Im sorry but I do not have time to respond to them. We didnt get a chance to email beacuse the library was closed. Today we helped out at a food kitchen and served food for about an hour and a half to a lot of the homeless people in the area and that was pretty cool. This past week we did not have too much succes. Our 5 most promising appointments all fell through. So that was fun. We have been doing a lot of finding work and we have found 3 potential investigators so we are hoping that we will begin teaching soon. I went on exchanges with the zone leaders this past friday and that was a lot of fun. I went into parts of the suburbs of kansas city. And I finally did knocking on doors, no door slams but a lot of rejection but thats ok.
So I dont have any good spiritual stories to tell but I do have two crazy stories of our interaction with good ole people of St Joe and St Joe's FInest. So first story, My companion and I were walking down a street and came to an intersection where 3 polices cars were at with their lights on and the three policemen were surrounding a house. They had their taser guns drawn but at first we thought they were guns. So we kind of just stood still. There were people in the house that kept looking outside and one of the cops ran around the back. We thought a shoot out was going to happen. We started to walk down a street and saw a crowd of people who had been there before we got there so we asked them what happened and apparently the people whos house was surrounded by the cops had a pitbull that they had let outside. Within in an hour the dog jumped over a fence and literally ate a six week old dog that was next door. Apparently it was really gruesome...and when the owners tried to get the dog he turned on them and bit them. There are more details but I wont get into them. Needless to say it was CRAZY.
Second story, my companion and I went to knock on a house but saw some dogs in the yard and we decided not to so we proceded to walk down the street and talked to a man who was sitting outside of the house, at the time he was the only person outside on that strreet. He told us he was interested so we walk off and turned onto another streee, and literally 30 seconds later a sheriff police truck drove past turned on the street we were just one and we heard a screech from the truck stopping and my companion heard "Put your hands up" but we werent sure so we kept walking and got to our car which was only 2 minutes away. We then drove back to thr street we were just on and saw 5 cop cars on the street with their lights on and hand someone in custody. We are pretty sure the guy we had just talked to got arrested...so that was pretty crazy! I
Other than thsoe two stories we are working hard trying to find people to teach. Our schedule is pretty tight today so I have to get off SO I hope everyone is doing well!!!! Talk to you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment