Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Only 4 More Weeks Until Italy!!!

CIAO! Come State?! Non capite? Va bene...I am doing very well here. This past week has been rough getting back to the grove after the nice sunday break we had. My companion and I have a goal to try to speak Italian as much as possible until we leave. We started this yesterday. We did very well, the mornings are rough becuase we cant think very well. I have some funny stories to tell but I cant remember them as of now. Today we get to clean the temple so that should be really fun. We will clean it for about 3 1/2 hours. Next week we get new Anziani and 1 sorella. There will be 9 new anziani. I am excited to meet them. We Italians have only 2 districts as of now and so it will be ncie to get 2 more. It will be weird because the younger anziani and sorella will see us like we saw the anziani before us which will be weird. We only have 4 weeks left here!!!!!!!!!!!! We are fairly excited about that. Our teacher, as a christmas present, showed us pictures that he took from when he was in Italy, and lets just saw we got a solemn reminder how bland our classroom was when we were done. We like to joke that we got a crappy classroom because our mission is pretty much the best. Cool story, Im not sure if I had shared this before but the other day I was contacting people(sharing testimony in Italian to people) and I contacted a Russian elder and his companion started rudely talking to me in Russian, the cool part was I understood his russian. I thought It was pretty cool. I stood there and thoguht he spoke Italian and I was just confused. Id say thats pretty cool. So our rooom was slightly messy and one of our branch president members is ex military and can be intimidating at times saw our room and it was slightly scary. Moral of the story:keep your room clean :D. Im very excited to when we go to Italy!!!! Im very blessed to not be struggling with the language, it just kind of comes to me which my companion loves and hates. He hates it because he wants to learn it that fast but he loves it because I usually spend study time helping him. Its actually pretty fun teaching, It gets me doing something and it helps my zone so Io prendo due piccioni con una fava(translation-I kill two birds with one stone-since the italians are nicer than americans they kill birds but in the literal translation is means two catch 2 birds with one fava bean. I remember the funny story! My companion and I were doing a door approach to teach our class and we knocked at the door and they asked who it was. My companion said this- Siamo missionari della chiesa di Gesù Cristo dei santi degli Uomini Giorno this literlaly means the church of jesus christ of man day saints when he said it our whole classstarted laughing and our teacher broke out laughing too. Got to love learning a new language also during a lessson I happen to call the boook of mormon a beautiful woman and I also said that Moroni was a beautiful man...not the worst I could say but still pretty funny! Anyways I need to finish my laundry so I will email next week!
I hope all is well!! Hope to hear from everyone soon.
Sinceremente,
Anziano Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment