Sunday, August 12, 2012

500 Days of summer.....Day 69

I got a little theme going on for the subject :) Hello everyone! This week was a cray(as laura would say...or should a say...as the cool kids would say) week. My companion is diabetic and has some type of painful fungus on his feet due to using the same insert for his shoe for too long. So we had to go out and buy new socks, find a store that makes custom inserts and custom shoes for diabetics, and we had to buy medicine. That took up a lot of time! We also had one of the senior couples come down and fix stuff in our apartment so we had to help out. The lesson I learned is that you dont know how to speak italian until you can explain how to build a bookshelf to an italian who has never built anything in his life. That was a lot of fun. I keep finding myself in the craziest positions where I have to explain how to do some crazy thing all in the italian langauge. I feel like it has helped me so much in the langauge. For example the other day I had to explain to my companion how to take care of his feet which was interesting. Other than that we are struggling to find new investigators. We are currently teaching no one. So this next week we will be working pretty hard! The cool thing about the work this week is that we have been given the opportunity to train the new leader of missonary work in our branch. This person is very important because he connects all that we do with the members in the branch. So we are pretty excited about that. Other than that, everything else is good. My companion and have found a good rythym and we are getting along a lot better. I am becoming a much better missionary which is good. We went to the alps last week! It was so beautiful! The MOUNTAINS ARE SO HUGE! I thought the mountains in utah were big....I was wrong. We were right next to france it was cool. If we climb over the mountain we were next to we would have been in france. Weird huh? Ill send pictures when I can, this computer wont let me so I will have to do it on another computer in the future! I hope all of you are doing great! Enjoy the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment