Thursday, March 15, 2012

Non voglio correre più......

We also got a letter in the mail today from Scott. He is LOVING the food. Okay well the pasta, pizza, and calzone type things. He doesn't like the water and the cereal. He's also afraid to drink the milk. He's also a big fan of the gelatto. Half of his letter was about food. He's enjoying the work though!

Salve from the Italia! This past week has been a good one. My companion has faced some bad health and the past couple of days we have spent inside because he was sick so that was fun...Anyways so I would like to say to everyone that I'm afraid to go to any appointments at night time because the people assume that we need to be fed....it was bad in the states...its worse here. Italians bring eating to a whole new level......at some of our appointments, I almost didn't make it. So our main Investigator right now is Eva. She is Bulgarian. She is dating another member in our ward here. She is pretty awesome! Every time we go to their house they feed us a plethura food...its awful. She is going to get baptized April 14! Her wedding will be the week before that so we are pretty excited about that!
I experienced my first real sunday as a missionary....it was crazy. We had 3 investigators there, 5 people who needed translation because they didnt understand Italian...and last but not least...I was not sure exactly what was going on most of the time. Our ward has a lot of hispanics and so they speak half italian half spanish really fast...and its very hard to understand. So I was a bit ruffled up.
We spend most of our time on the metro and one night I went to bed and felt like I was moving. Missionary work here is a lot different than it was in missuori. We talk to people on the metro, we go to parks and go talk to people. Going to peoples houses is a little difficult because everyone lives in aparment complexes and the only way to get to them is through the citofono which is kind of like the a buzzer and they can unlock the door for you. But since we live in a rich city most places have doornen and they dont like us too much so thats awlays fun. I have some pictures I will try to send that I took last pday. I hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment