Sunday, October 7, 2012

Strike one, Strike two, Strike 3.......

Allora, We got the news of transfers this week. My companion Anziano Boscia will be going to Lugano!!(Svizzera) He is excited to finish his mission there. I will miss the kid. My new companion will be an old missionary..in the sense that he will finish his mission this next transfer...so im killing again! His name is Anziano Hutchinson(I think that is spelled right). I will most likely be here until the end of December. I will leave December 28 to another city(most likely). I will get another companion after Anziano Hutchinson and then I will be somewhere else. This transfer I will hit my year mark, time is flying by too fast!!!!!!! Its going to be weird to be with an American again. I asked president if I could be with another Italian but he couldn't do this transfer. I am excited for conference this week! I am not sure if we will watch it in Italian or English, I hope English because I don't like the voices of the translators in comparison to the voices of the real people! We have seen tons of cool miracles that have been happening in our area. The craziest miracle happened yesterday. We started off the day by finding a really cool man who wants to believe in god but for certain reasons.The other miracle happened later on in the day. We went to see a less active member,who is making tons of progress in the Gospel. The only time we can see her is when she has work off during the week around 4pm. She lives in a town about an hour from Cuneo, so it takes a lot of time out of schedule to teach her. Anyways, we went to her house and had a great lesson. After we left to catch our bus home, while waiting at the bus stop I got a feeling that our bus would not come. Feeling a little uneasy, we asked around and apparently there was a sciopero(Strike) going on and we had no way to get home. The way strikes work here is that some people actually come to work and thus there are some buses that are in service, but there is no guarantee of a bus going to your destination. After waiting for a awhile A bus finally came, but it was not headed in the direction that we needed to go, so we decided to ask the bus driver if he knew if there would be a bus to go back to Cuneo. He had no clue, but told us he could take us as far as he could to help us out a bit. Where we were left was about 25 km from Cuneo. "It just so happens" that there was a girl in the same situation as us, and while we were trying to figure out what we would do, she asked us how we would get to Cuneo. We told her on foot,(none of the members could give us a ride). She then said, if you want my boyfriend is going to pick me up and we can give you a ride. We immediately asked how old he was...and he was 25 years old! allora, we got a ride with them. We tried to teach the gospel to them, it didn't go amazingly but at least we helped them know who we were and that there is a true church on the earth. Anziano Boscia and I were shocked. When we got to Cuneo, we felt as though there had been no problem at all. God is truly a god of miracles! Love you all and hope all is going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment