Saturday, September 22, 2012

From Milano to Torino to Cuneo.....

Well I am tired :) This past week...especially the last three days we have been trveling a ton! We were in torino on monday...then milano on tuesday..and now torino again today. I havent been at home much. We are stuck in torino right now because there was a strike on the public transportation...we didnt know about it until we were one side of the city and it was too late. This week has been crazy!!!!!!!!!! This past week we had an interesting thing happen. Some people were fixing something in the back of our palazzo and we had to move our bikes, so we went to move them inside our apartment, as we were putting the bikes inside we had to walk into the palazzowith our bikes so I put my keys in my poclet...unfortunately they werent all the way and then the keys fell out of my pocket and fell through a grate that led to the basement. It was awful because we had not idea what to do and we couldnt get to the basement without keys.The first thing We needed to do was find out who owned the basement room so we could get them to open it up. We went to knock our own palazzo and we rang a few doors and nothing. Then we heard some talking on a balcony...so we went to the person. They were talking with someone so we waited for a second because we didnt want to be rude. Right as we waited our landlord called us(we had called him to find out who owned the basement but didnt know...so he went to find out and called us when he knew) and told us who owned the basement. At the point we decided instead of talking to the lady on the balcony we will find the apartment and knock that door...we started to walk up the stairs from where we were and the first door I saw had keys in door, and I saw the plaque of the door..It said her name and we realized at that moment that lady on the balcony was the lady we needed to talk to. We asked her if she could help us...and she did and we got our keys back. it was cool because we had no idea what we were doing and somehow we got our keys back. The day after this we went out to talk to people, and right when we got where we wanted to talk to people, we found a wallet on the ground with over 100 euro, tons of cards and tons of information in it. so we brought it to the police and left our information so the guy, when he would get his wallet, he could call us and thanks us. He called us and it was cool because we met up and thanked us. It was really cool. (I know what it feels like to lose a wallet.....:) ).. There are tons of more things that have happened this past week that I cant even write it all but if you all want to know..write me and I wil tell you :) We had cool miracle. We went knocking in doors in an area and we found a woman who was baptized in our church 25 years ago but lost contact of the church because her husband is hard core catholic and is against the church. It was a cool miracle because she was at the last apartment that we knocked. she still reads the book of mormon and wants to meet with us. We are excited about that. Other than her, we still have no investigators but we will find them this week :)! Its crazy that I have been out for over 10 months now. Its FLYING BY! I think I have writen more in this email than I have ever written on my mission. Anyways Im still doing well, just a little tired. I will sleep well tonight. I hope you are all well. UNtil next time Anziano Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment